It’s no secret that I like Lady Knights like, a lot. I put together a little randomizer as a sort of exercise. Then I thought, why not share it?
So here’s the thing. Five categories of traits. Pick three and run with it! Bonus challenge: do all five categories. And of course you’re free to add to the categories if what you want isn’t in there. Have fun with it! Don’t forget to tag #Lady Knights so I can see the cool stuff you come up with!
Here’s my starter to kick things off: Fists, Top Heavy, Nervous, Indian, Shark/Piscine.
I know this is a little different from what I normally post, but I think it definitely falls under the umbrella of “character design inspiration!” And it looks like a super fun and useful tool.
Doing this toniiiggghhttt! Bow/musket, bottom heavy, perky, Native American, and mammoth.
Generic Intro 1 & 2
Intro: VS Filia
Intro: VS Cerebella
Intro: VS Peacock
Intro: VS Parasoul
Intro: VS Ms. Fortune
Intro: VS Painwheel
Intro: VS Valentine
Intro: VS Double
Intro: VS Squigly
Intro: VS Big Band
Wins 1, 2 & 3
Character Voice Inspirations: Might Guy [Naruto] and Warmage [OMD]
Here’s my audition for Beowulf once auditions are opening.
Favourite animators: Shinya Ohira (大平晋也)
- Strongly influenced by early Disney, Ohira is a living contradiction: a full animator in a country of limited animation. He is the most iconoclastic incarnation of the new realism in anime, creating a gritty, sensual realism as opposed to the clean and restrained realism of Omohide Poroporo or Jin-Roh.
- Ohira focuses on creating fluid and realistic movement full of superfluous action to the point of relegating shape and character design to jagged, wildly undulating lines. (anipages)
- Creator Spotlight: Ohira Shinya
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.6 - Shinya Ohira’s Surrealist Animation
- More scenes animated by Shinya Ohira: MAD by BlueSakuga (HD), Flipbook Sakuga
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also directed one of the Genius Party short films - “Wanwa the Puppy”
- Don’t forget to click the gifs for the titles!
Ok so I’m wanting to get commissions going. Prices are self explanitory, but I should clarify some things.
1. I prefer to take payments after the art is at least 1/2 done. So that I can so a preview sketch and get some general feedback, and don’t feel like I’m wasting your money. It’s a personal choice, but if you INSIST on paying me beforehand, then I will accept it with some (very quiet) grumbling lol
2. Some prices are negotiable. For example if you just want something like a headshot, I can reduce the price since it won’t be fullbody.
4. basic rules is that I’d prefer no porn commissions. I hesitate to do shipping as well as I’m not very good at drawing any kissy lovey pictures.
5. I try to get out at least a preliminary sketch within the first few days of your commission. I rarely let commissions go longer than a month, so I hope time won’t be an issue.
Shout out to metalimagerykinetics for helping me with the commission pics (I wouldn’t have known the best way to do this otherwise)
Reblogging for advertisement’s sake
Behind The Scenes of The Simpsons Couch Gag by Sylvain Chomet (Triplets of Belleville).
Probably because there was no other way to combine their distinctive, circular cartoon eyes with Chomet’s semi-realistic style. I thought it was a very clever compromise.